IFA port terminal opened in 1996. It is located on the left side of the Candiano canal, where it has a 274 m. long berth with 10.50 m. bathymetry, which to date is the deepest in the port of Ravenna and allows the docking of ships of considerable size.
IFA covers an area of 170,000 sqm, 70,000 of which are covered warehouses (8 in total, 4 of them have floorings and walls), suitable for storing materials that require HACCP certification.IFA handles 1.5 million tonnes of loose and packed goods per year, using 5 mobile cranes with a capacity load from 63 to 120 tons. Their advanced technology gives very high daily outputs, further enhanced by the use of two lines of conveyor belts completely covered that allow to unload directly into three warehouses as well as using lorry tractors.
- 5 mobile cranes with capacity loads from 63 to 120 ton.
- 4 dockside hoppers for unloading on trucks, 1 of which equipped with a system to reduce dust
- 3 dockside hoppers unloading on conveyor belts, equipped with dust reducing system
- 2 lines of conveyor belts fully covered and equipped with weighing system that allow to store goods directly into three warehouses or into outdoor hoppers
- 1 weighbridge dedicated to unloading by lorry tractor
- 2 excavators for work in the hold: Volvo EC210 – EC160
- 2 Caterpillar Bobcats 242 for work in the hold
Depending on clients’ needs, IFA can provide several services and process the goods stocked in the premises.